As a Christian educator, have you considered that you probably have more daily ministry opportunities than your pastor?
You shape the next generation in countless ways through your conduct, character, and conversation. So, how can you most effectively share this gift that God has given you?
Although you may not consider yourself a missionary, you have day-to-day contact with scores of students longing for adults to love them for who they are.
Bringing Christ to the Classroom equips you to be an even more effective educator and follower of Christ through investigating Scripture, illuminating what Jesus did as The Master Teacher, and integrating your discoveries into your instruction and interactions with students. God provided you with the talents, abilities, and experiences required to serve as an educator, and he called you “for such a time as this” (Esther 4:15 NIV).
By reading and examining the Bible in a new light, you will be “thoroughly equipped for every good work” (I Timothy 3:17 NIV), serving both your students and God. You will connect with God’s message on a deeper level while you pray for guidance, listen to his voice, and ask him for personal transformation.
Professor Dunn shares her own journey as a Christian educator so that others called to teach can discover what Jesus did to earn the title of The Master Teacher, applying what they learn to their positions as Christian educators. In the process of completing the 36 chapters in this book, you will:
- Investigate a variety of relevant topics
- Illuminate these topics as you dig into Scripture
- Gain inspiration from Jesus, The Master Teacher
- Consider how Jesus interacted with people and communicated his message
- Integrate your discoveries into your classroom and other contexts
- Be equipped through your studies and empowered through the Holy Spirit to embrace your challenges